The beautiful state of Utah has many natural hot springs that you can visit. But you don’t have to go through them all one by one, as we’re going to release 5 of the top hot springs you can visit in Utah.
The state of Utah is known for its diversity and geographic beauty. Natural wonders are hidden between arid desert plains to high mountain pine forests.
You can also easily find many amazing hot spring experiences. They consist of natural hot springs, hot spring resorts, hotels and parks.
We’ve put together this list to help you have the best hot bath experience while visiting the state. Let’s see, here are the top 5 hot springs in Utah, California:
Fifth Water Hot Springs
Fifth Water Hot Springs also known as Diamond Fork Hot Springs, this is one of the most beautiful natural baths in the state of Utah. Located just about an hour outside downtown Salt Lake City, have several rocky hot spring pools built along the river.
One thing that is amazing is the color of the waters are very beautiful. This hot spring pools has smooth blue and aqua-colored water and there is also a waterfalls.
At the source, this hot spring has a water temperature of about 111 degrees. However, you can find bathing pools with the perfect 102 degrees, temperatures varying between pools and cooler ones downstream.
There is also a red rocky canyon plus a beautiful hiking trail. It’s a trip to the hot springs perfect for visitors and locals alike.
The Fifth Water Hot Springs has easy hiking trails that are accessible to everyone. The hike is about 2.5 miles or 3 hours drive to the hot springs location, this means you will be on a 5 mile round trip.
There are several hiking trails, the most popular being the Three Forks Trailhead in Diamond Fork Canyon, or from the Rays Valley Trailhead. However during winter, the hike may be further up to 13.2 miles round trip, this is due to seasonal road closures.
The location of the Fifth Hot Spring is at Diamond Fork Rd, Springville, UT 84663, United States. The trailhead are very easy and accessible to reach.
This hot springs is one of the best and most natural in the state of Utah. You won’t even find a phone number or official website to order anything.
We can only suggest visiting outside winter. Because the access to the trail will be covered with snow in winter, so the forestry service often closes the road.
- Fifth Water Hot Springs and Waterfall – Hidden Paradise in Utah
- Remington Hot Springs in Kern Canyon, California in 2022
- Colorado Hot Springs Map
- Montana Hot Springs Map
Fifth Water Hot Springs Map
Below is a map to find the location of the fifth water hot springs. This map is already linked to google so you can get directions easily.
The Fifth Hot Springs is about a 30-minute drive from Provo, Utah. here are the directions:
- If you’re from Provo, Utah Take I-15 S south towards US-6 (Price/Manti) then take the east exit (exit258) towards the mountains.
- Continue driving for 11 miles (from the exit) on Highway 6 towards the Spanish Fork canyon.
- After that there will be a fork in the road, take a turn on the left side of the road to Forest Road 29 at the Diamond Fork sign.
- Follow the road for 9.8 miles until you see the Three Forks Trailhead parking area sign
Mystic Hot Springs
Mystic Hot Springs or also known as Monroe Hot Springs or Cooper Hot Springs is a true natural wonder nestled between Fishlake National Forest and the Sevier Highlands in Sevier County Utah. The hot springs have a hippie commune feel and offer great views of the valley.
This historic hot spring site is known to be a camping location for the Ute Indians back in the past. Then it has been passed onto new owners and has become a public hot springs attraction over the years.
The hot springs here are unique and spectacular, because the hot water flow over giant rock walls with calcium deposits. Over time, the minerals of the hot spring build the rock formation that beautifies the cascading flow of water.
They have two large pools with the water temperature ranges from 100 to 106 degrees. The first pool is low and more casual an the second one is deeper.
There are also five singular bathtubs spread out all over the property, and it can fit one person. They are natural baths that blend into the natural landscape.
The waters have a rich history, being heavily used by the indigenous Ute, Shoshone, and Paiute tribes.
These mystical hot springs are located in the city of Monroe in Utah, for those reason it often called as Monroe Hot Springs. The exact address is 475 E 100 N Monroe, UT 84754.
The springs has an easy access off the highway, the road all paved until the last block. For precise location details and directions, please see the interactive Google Map below.
Mystic Hot Springs Map
Below is a map to find the location of the Mystic Hot Springs. This map is already linked to google so you can get directions easily.
Monroe Hot Springs location is about 2 hours driving from Provo, Utah. Here are the directions:
- When your driving from Salt Lake City, take on I-15 south to the Scipio exit number 188.
- Head east on Highway 50 for approx. 25 miles until I-70 west and proceed to exit 31.
- Go left at the bottom of the off-ramp for 2 miles, then go right on Hwy 118 for 3-4 miles to center of Monroe.
- Turn left on 100 North and go up the hill 5 blocks until find the big white building at end of road.
Crystal Hot Springs
Crystal Hot Springs are the largest natural hot springs in the world and offer a variety of hot and cold pools for swimming and soaking. This family destination in Utah features seven hot pools, three hot spring waterfalls, and two hot spring slides.
These bathing pool offers daily use for soaking, clothing is not optional, so you can remember to bring your swimsuit. And there is a cost if you want to use the waterslide.
The water temperature at the source of the geothermal range from 120 – 134 degrees. And the water temperatures in the pools range from 85 degrees to 115 degrees.
The complex is open year-round and pet-friendly. However, they were only allowed inside the camp and had to be tied up.
One of the most interesting thing is that they have a hot spring pool for fishing. However, you must catch and release the fist after you got it.
Crystal Hot Springs provides campsite accommodation offering tents and RV sites. And if you book accommodation, it includes access to soaking.
Crystal Hot Springs is located in Honeyville and the exact address is 8215 N Highway 38, Honeyville, UT 84314. The springs complex is north of Utah in Box Elder County, the distance only 30 minutes west of Logan and about 90 minutes from Salt Lake City.
Crystal Hot Springs Map
Below is a map to find the location of the Crystal Hot Springs. This map is already linked to google so you can get directions easily.
Crystal Hot Springs location is about 30 minutes west of Logan and about 90 minutes from Salt Lake City, Utah. Here are the directions:
- From Salt Lake City, Utah take the I-15 N Ride for 1.4 miles and continue following I-15 N to UT-240 E/W 6900 N in Honeyville.
- Then take exit 372 of I-15 N (64.7 miles) and head east for a mile on Utah Highway 240.
- Turn left on Highway 38 and travel north for 1.7 miles.
- The Crystal Springs complex is located on the west side of the highway.
- There are also signs you can follow once you get off the freeway.
Saratoga Hot Springs
Inlet Park Hot Springs or also known as Saratoga Hot Springs is a public natural hot spring with one very large hot spring pool. This bathing pool is about 40 feet long and wide and up to 3 feet deep.
The hot springs location is very easy to find, right next to Lake Utah with parking nearby. The water temperature in this pool can be very warm up to 110 degrees.
Swimwear is required and the pool closes at 10pm. Make sure you don’t soak after that time because you may receive a hefty fine.
The Saratoga Hot Springs location just off the northwest side of Utah Lake in the state of Utah. It is a free hot spring pool for the public inside geothermal park along Lake Utah.
You may also look for:
- Ojai Hot Springs California – The Hidden Paradise in Los Padres Forest
- Idaho Hot Springs Map – Finding the Best Hot Springs in Idaho
- Best Colorado Hot Springs Resorts You Can Book From Now
- Montecito Hot Springs – Most Natural Hot Springs in Santa Barbara
Saratoga Hot Springs Map
Below is a map to find the location of the Saratoga Hot Springs. This map is already linked to google so you can get directions easily.
Saratoga Hot Springs location is about 30 miles or 1 hour driving from Salt Lake City, Utah. Here are the directions:
- From Salt Lake City, Get on I-15 S/I-80 E from 400 S/University Boulevard for 1.6 miles.
- Keep driving on I-15 S to UT-85/W 2100 N in Utah County for 25 miles.
- Then exit 282 from I-15 S and drive to Saratoga Road in Saratoga Springs for 5.4 miles to Inlet Park Hot Springs.
Meadow Hot Springs
Meadow Hot Springs is a natural treasure on private property, but the landowners have graciously made this natural wonder open to the public. It’s located in a small farming town called Meadow, just south of Fillmore, Utah.
The landowner has improved the property with fences and a graded walking path, that connects three different pools nicely. They also have posted several signs and rules at the main gate, so please respect their wishes to ensure this beautiful natural resource will remain open to the public.
This hot spring is one of the most unique natural hot springs in the United States which has two hot spring pools of clear water. Both of the pools have crystal clear water and comfortable temperature for soaking.
The first is a larger pool with a water temperature is around 100 degrees. This pool is also very deep with about 25 feet deep and limited edges to sit and soak
While the second is a smaller pool with a wooden dock constructed along one edge. The temperature is a little less hot than the first pool, but uniquely it has small fish in it.
Fish the fish will give you a touch of manicure as long as you put your feet in.
Meadow Hot Springs is located in a farm town called Meadow, Millard County just 4 miles south of Fillmore, Utah. Its location is just west of the town of Meadow, in an open field, this hot spring is easy to access with the parking lot is only about 150 feet from the hot springs.
Meadow Hot Springs Map
Below is a map to find the location of the Meadow Hot Springs. This map is already linked to google so you can get directions easily.
Meadow’s hot spring location is about 4 miles south of Fillmore, Utah. This hot spring is in a farm town called Meadow, here are the directions:
- If you are driving from Fillmore, Utah takes exit 158.
- Then turn left at the stop sign and go under the freeway.
- Go south for about 1.5 miles out of the town of Meadow.
- Keep driving on this road heading west until you find the sign of the Meadow Hot Springs parking area, you can‘t miss it.
You may also look for: